Sunday, September 9, 2007

先生, Sensei

It was a long weekend, and I needed a beer, so I headed out to the Shin-Tokoroville area. After passing a few 'red light' looking places, I got to Doma Doma, which is a chain of sorts, but in Japan, that isn't necessarily a bad thing. The waiter was my best friend, but I always have to remember that it says something in one of my guide books about the fact that although it might seem so, no one really wants to be my friend in Japan. So, I consider him my business partner instead. When I came home at about 11:30, I conversed with one of the students living in my dorm who was also just getting home. After a brief conversation about the fact that I was here to work on research, the student called me sensei. That was cool.

Here are some awesome snaps from my walk...
Now that's what I call love:
I know that I posted about Coco's already, but I didn't notice the big meat screen before:

No comments: